Senior HR Advisor 018912
With more than 65 years of experience, Hewitt Associates (NYSE: HEW) is the world’s foremost provider of human resources outsourcing and consulting services. The company consults with more than 2,300 organizations and administers human resources, health care, payroll and retirement programs on behalf of more than 340 companies to millions of employees and retirees worldwide. Located in 33 countries, Hewitt employs approximately 24,000 associates.
The Senior HR Advisor (Sr. HRA) is the lead HR consultant to business leaders and their respective senior leadership teams. The HRA is the primary liaison between Global HR Functional and Segment Leadership and Business Leadership and is responsible for the full spectrum of Hewitt’s HR portfolio and the successful implementation of our strategic initiatives, as well as identifying HR solutions and strategies needed to support the business unit specifically.
The HRA provides counsel to:
-Build leadership capability within the business segments
-Build delivery capability globally through recruitment, talent development and total rewards
- Improve associate performance through increased engagement and retention of key talent
-Ensure the business is well positioned to overcome challenges and for future growth
-Ensure seamless, efficient delivery of all HR programs and services
Senior HR Consultant and Business Partner
-Creates trusted relationships with leaders.
-Consults and advises senior leaders and managers on the entire HR portfolio.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Hewitt’s overall business model and how to consult to HR programs within the context of results and performance.
-Actively contributes as a member of the senior leadership team and advises on all areas of the business.
- Creates cohesive and effective partnerships with aligned HR Functional Leaders in support of business.
-Possesses the ability to solve complex organizational issues and coordinates across the HRA population globally to ensure integration.
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develops a broad understanding of all Hewitt HR Programs and is responsible for execution of all major HR initiatives within aligned business group on both an annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Annual Pay Review Cycles. Ensures compliance to process, budget, and our system strategically supports our philosophy of creating a high-performance work culture and rewards top performers.
- Performance Planning Process. Manages process, education and compliance for the bonus program.
- Global Talent Management Review. Manages process, education, and facilitates calibration across business segment to ensure the team identifies and develops future leaders
-Promotion Process and Review. Manages process, education, calibration and communication.
- Annual Engagement Analysis and Review. Manages process, education, and consults to business specific results and action planning.
- Implementation of any new or updated HR initiatives. Manage process, education, and consults to business leaders, managers and associates.
- Workforce Planning Initiatives. Partners with leaders in the analysis of organizational structure, organizational capabilities, positions eliminations and resource management across the business.
- Liaison between Business and HR Connect.
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities
- Partners with business leaders in support of development and retention efforts for our key and high performing talent to ensure we have the capability to maintain and grow our business.
-Acts as coach and mentor to leaders and high performing associates as it pertains to their overall career development and progression.
- Works with leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of our high performance culture.
-Partners with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies.
- Partners with the Global Talent Team on initiatives supporting Manager and Leadership Development
- Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and their groups through support of training efforts and diversity councils, as well as through the consideration of cross cultural impact to business decisions.
- Educate and Influence leaders to adapt quickly to organizational and segment specific shifts in direction;
- Provide thought leadership – related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective – to segment or company wide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree
-SPHR, CHRP, or GPHR desired
- MS in Human Resources or Business desired
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10+ years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles preferred)
- Ability to consult to the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated, global perspective
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen
- Experience managing complex projects (global HR project management highly desired)
- Demonstrated success resolving complex HR issues. Has a working knowledge of employment law for the largest countries in which Hewitt operates and current HR trends; ability to use such knowledge proactively in consulting with clients.
- Ability to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
- Ability to anticipate changes required within the business and to drive such changes in partnership with business leaders
- Strong to advanced verbal and written communication skills especially with senior level leaders
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes
- Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft (desirable but not required)
-Ability to facilitate training sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences
-Ability to build cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies
- Ability to coach and mentor HRCC and less senior HRAs
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual or distributed environment
- Minimal travel required
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, Denied Restricted Parties Lists or OFAC lists check, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Hewitt Associates, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Hewitt’s employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V