So, you are head over heels in love.
You just look into her eyes and know she is the one.
The one you dreamed about all your life and now that your dreams are complete, paranoia sets in.
How do I keep her interested?
Will she get bored and move on?
She is way to beautiful to be with me.
I am doing ok financially but I how can I afford to buy her expensive things and take her on high priced dinners and trips?
I can’t win.
Wait, wait wait, there are other options.
We are here to help. You are surrounded by 26000 miles of earth who’s beauty and opportunity are waiting at your feet.
Here are a few sure fire and FREE ideas of great things to do with your partner (in crime).
As long as you understand her interests, keep the relationship exciting, diverse and spicy and continue to show her the affection and love she deserves, you will have a long and amazing life together.
1. Wash the car or bathroom together. It is an activity you can do together and more importantly you will both get wet and soapy. I hope I don’t have to explain anymore about this activity.
2. Keep an eye on your local bars and restaurants online and on Facebook. Some offer free food or drinks if you like them or sign up for their newsletter. Free drinks…Bonus!
3. Look around your kitchen. Round up all the food and spices you have, Google what you have and you may just find a great recipe or two you can make that will make her smile and full enough to want to cuddle in bed.
4. Volunteer together. Look for a run, fund-raiser, music or arts festival and work it together. That way you are helping a good cause and getting some free entertainment.
5. Camping under the stars. How romantic is that.
6. Potluck party!!! Call, text, Evite, Facebook all your friends and have an impromptu party where everyone brings a bottle, mixer or snack. Instant party and all you need to provide is the front door.
7. Why not a little education. Go to a museum or art gallery. Many only ask for donations at the door or have totally free admission.
8. There is a model in all of us. Break out your point and shoot, SLR or IPhone and have a couple photo shoot. Go to the beach, bedroom, river, gazebo or anywhere fun and scenic and take photos of each other and then you can make a virtual or physical collage.
9. Hit the rivers and ponds. Go cliff diving (Not in the crazy Acapulco kind of way) or swim and frolic together.
10. People watching and storytelling. Sit at the park with a coffee, tea or latte and try and create a story about all the people that walk by. Be imaginative. It can be better than the movies.
11. Learn a new skill. Can you sing or play guitar or even hula hoop. Teach each other your special skills.
12. Find a free music or comedy showcase. In many cities there are hundreds of free shows from young up and coming performers that are free of charge. You may even have a friend or two in a band. Go support them.
13. Flash mob. You know you always wanted to try it. Learn more at improveverywhere.com
14. If you are in a town where there is a talk show or game show, get tickets. They are typically free and you can say you were part of the audience. Total bragging rights to family and friends.
15. Join clubs that offer free trips or group events (www.meetup.com). Many have biking or running clubs that you can do together and maybe make some new friends.
16. Watch the sunrise or sunset. It is a classic but always one that reminds you of how important you are to each other.
17. Indoor card games…You know what I mean.
18. Dog walking. Hopefully one of you has a dog. If not, borrow a friend’s dog and offer to take them out for a walk together.
19. Health first. Find a farmers market and browse all the vendors. If you are feeling the urge, buy an apple or peach and have a little light fruit or veggie snack together.
20. Go to an open mic night and do a reading or play a song. Showcase your talents and witness others showing their skills and confidence.
21. Sit on a street corner or in the park with a sign that says “Information” and offer advice and tips to tourists who are looking for things to do locally.
22. Make a music video. With flip video cameras, IPhones, IFilm, YouTube and so many other free software options, you can let out your creative side and make a funky music video as a couple.
23. Samples, samples samples – Hop over to Costco or Sam’s Club one Saturday, browse and take advantage of all the samples offered throughout the store.
24. Yoga at the beach or in the park. All your need is a mat, some technique and you have a mental and physical task you can do together.
25. Be a child. Get a group of friends together and play “Duck, Duck Goose” or “Hide and Seek”
2 thoughts on “I Love my girlfriend but can’t afford to take her to expensive places – Great Free Date Ideas!!!”
TRUE LIFE: I CAN’T AFFORD MY RELATIONSHIP
Is your romantic relationship burning a hole in your wallet? Are you in the red and deep into debt from spending too much money on your significant other? Does your boyfriend or girlfriend demand to be treated like royalty? Do you feel pressure to take them on expensive dates, buy them nice gifts, or take them on trips? Is your financial solvency at risk because of the lifestyle expectations of your high maintenance partner?
Or are you and your partner involved in a costly long-distance relationship? Are you struggling to afford trips to see one another? Has it become impossible to maintain a healthy relationship because it’s just too expensive to travel? How has the distance made growing together as a couple economically unsustainable?
If you appear to be between the ages of 16 and 28 and are facing the possibility of giving up your relationship because of financial strife, True Life wants to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and tell us all of the details of your situation. Fill us in on your relationship, where you live and how we can contact you. Please include photos of you and your partner as well.
Thank you for all the info. I should try some of them when I get back from
sol & maria